View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #384
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2drive330CI View Post
No problem MJLavelle; I am at the age/stage of life I take it with a grain of salt..let the salt melt before I decide my next move...20 years ago...different story. I figured you meant well and you didn't want me screw up anything acting stupid.

I just got back in from installing pump and some other things. I could hear the pump loud and clear when I tested it prior to putting everything back together.

I would have liked to install both fuel filter and pump together.

Now since I have installed the pump; I am not totally convinced I fixed my issue completely as I am still experiencing the dips of rpm/like a misfire. Normally my vehicle would idle around 700rpm but I still got the drop down to 6-500rpm range then it would idle back to 700. So I am curious to see if the fuel filter will change anything. I do believe I am not experiencing as much idle/stall/rpm dip but it is too early to tell. I am currently at 1/2 tank so I will let it go down below 1/4 to see if the pump did more. Like I stated I have other issues with my baby so with everything going on in my life I have to prioritize what I can do at this point and nick away at the big iceberg of issues. I will go back and recheck the basics again.

Stinger9-thanks for the reminder tips.
The filter may do a lot more than you think. I was having hard starts, and a few no-starts, as well as a bad idle. The idle problem was there since I bought the car 3 years ago. I changed the filter, and it cured all of that. When I changed the pump, I did not notice any difference, except that I now had a working pump, and not a dead one. So, give it a try.

I apologize if I have already mentioned the filter curing my idle issues, etc..
It is hard to keep up with what I have written to which people, so sometimes I end up repeating stuff like I am getting senile.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote