View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
My Ride: 2006 M3
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
First let me say there is nothing wrong with the Stock OSG diff. It's just not set from the factory(OSG) to handle 900+ hp. It absolutely can handle the power though! I love mine. Period. Call and ask them about it(OSG).

:Edit: Will draw picture later showing what I'm talking about. To hard to try and describe thus fully at 8:30 in the morning. Lol
Originally Posted by dragosid View Post
Hey Jake,

when I first changed from stock to OSGiken diff, I felt it had changed my car substantially. I used to go always sideways (towards the left side) on every pull and that was on ST2 p+m so I HIGHLY feel it improved the car.
The second major change that helped the car quite a bit for highway pulls was to open up the diff again and move to 3.91. The car feels like it's in the power all the time I feel like driving a bit spirited ... the only down side to it it that you have have to change to 5th for 60-130 pulls, at least for me...
Thanks for this. So, my stage 2.5 makes 750whp and almost never goes sideways, just straight spin. I am running 305 DR's and have full traction in 3rd usually, but limited in 2nd. Mspired, seemed to indicate that he had full traction in 2nd. What I'm trying to get a view on is if anyone can comment on specifically improving traction in 2nd. If I can obtain significant improvement in 2nd gear traction then probably worth it to me, otherwise going to probably pass. Any thoughts appreciated.
JakeR is offline   Reply With Quote