View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Don1138

My Ride: 2000 328i M/T, S/P
FS: 2000 328i: sprt pkg, 5 MT

Titanium Silver Metallic 2000 BMW 328i, 185,000 miles -- $3,950 O.B.O.

This is a solid car that is extremely fun to drive. Even with its age and miles, it still drives better than the brand-new cars; it's smooth, fast, responsive and solid. If you've driven a BMW, then you understand. I have only used synthetic oil and premium 91 octane Top-Tier gasoline. Mechanically, it has been maintained through a BMW dealership and independent BMW specialty shops and runs like new. Aesthetically there are some signs of age and use. Details below.

THE GOOD:
-Sport Package
-Premium Package
-Sunroof
-5-speed manual transmission
-black leather interior
-clear markers all around (no ugly orange)
-tinted windows
-18-inch AC Schnitzer Type 3 replica wheels
-custom strut-tower brace
-ATE slotted premium performance rotors and Akebono ceramic pads
-K&N drop-in filter
-Rogue Engineering Power Pulleys
-Pioneer 12-disc CD Changer in trunk
-Rockford Fosgate 700-watt amp and two 10-inch Rockford Fosgate P3 800-watt dual voice-coil subwoofers in a sealed box (likely keeping this, but may negotiate to leave it installed)
-Aluminum ///M package hand-brake
-///M package shifter

THE BAD:
-The electronics on the original key went bad. Rather than buy a new key, I programmed another key to the car. The result is that you need both keys: one for the ignition, one for keyless entry. You can purchase a new key if it bothers you. It didn't bother me.
-The lock cylinder was destroyed during an attempted break-in, so you cannot manually unlock the car. Can also be fixed if you wish.
-Power steering disabled. Takes some effort parallel parking and such, but otherwise feels much more solid and connected to the road. I feel it enhances to sport package and handling characteristics of the car, but I realize it may not be everyone's cup of tea.
-Exterior blemishes: dent/faded paint on front passenger-side fender; worn paint on trunk lid from a bike rack attachment; scuff on right passenger-side rear bumper.
-Interior blemishes: torn driver's seat; visible wear on shift knob and steering wheel. The rest of the interior is like new as I rarely had passengers.
-Salvage title (theft recovery).

I will be happy to answer questions or provide more photos. Serious inquiries only please.

Last edited by Don1138; 11-26-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Price drop.
Don1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.