View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #51
RJDaly28

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinredman View Post
In the same boat with respect to the dynavin and which OS for my 330CI which currently has the business CD unit and changer in the trunk. And, based on all the treads I've been reading, Jeff's outstanding support is a HUGE reason I mad thinking Dynavin
Well, I've only had my Dynavin for about a week so I'm no expert but I do have some thoughts on this. I went with the Android version.

The Android version has a lot of potential and it's great to run Spotify, Gmail, etc right on your dash. It's also nice to be able to audition several nav programs. (I've settled on Sygic for my offline nav solution, btw. It's great) There are also a number of great looking car dashboard apps available that really complement the look of the display in the car.

There is a great deal of setup involved, just as if you were setting up your Android phone. Also, one huge shortcoming is that Android in general and Android apps almost all need for you to be able to scroll up and down easily. The resistive touchscreen on this unit makes that really tough to do, even with the stylus.

I do find myself getting really frustrated trying to scroll up and down. It's hard to do, and you need to do it all the time to get the most out of applications, etc.

If you don't plan to try and do all those things I suppose I would lean towards the Windows unit. It seems like that one pretty much just works. The Android can certainly do a lot more, but you have to be a little patient with it in order to make that happen.

Just my 2 cents. Hope that's helpful.

(EDIT) - Also, Jeff has been very helpful. I'm glad I did not decide to save a few bucks elsewhere. The support is worth it.

Last edited by RJDaly28; 11-05-2012 at 10:06 PM.
RJDaly28 is offline   Reply With Quote