View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #223
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Uhm... I'm the one who posted a wealth of information, dates, and part numbers. See a few posts back. lol
and yet you still don't understand the information that has been presented. the argument is pretty much put to rest with the information that has been presented in the last few pages of this thread. i guess you'll always either refuse to accept it or don't understand it.
regardless, i'm sure anyone searching can gain some knowledge from at least the last few pages of this thread and understand the zhp rack situation.
there's really nothing else to argue about. everything has been cleared up. realoem is wrong based on what rich has said about the '01+ racks. 712 is the zhp rack and it also extended to others. possibly the 330's that have the 712 rack received it under the "over boosted steering recall"
not sure if you car was part of that, mango.
there's really no rhyme or reason for some of the things bmw does. some people know that stereos sometimes affected the spring color codes for the suspension. however there are always 576 exceptions to every "rule" bmw has. we will never understand, or recognize a pattern in the steering racks from bmw. it just can't be done. so i will put out the bottom line:

the 712 rack is the zhp rack. other 330s received it but there is no noticeable pattern to which ones actually got it and why. the majority of non zhp 330s got the 678 zf rack or the TRW rack.