View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #30
323tom

My Ride: 2 turbo e46's
Ya I am most likely going to swap the oem drive shaft in unless they can fix my one piece drive shaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Oh, right. The shaking. Yeah, drive shaft and solid motor mounts are not helping exactly. I guess keep the mounts while you swap out drive shafts.
I assume that is your plan? I dont blame you concerning the boost level.
Smart thing to do was hold back!
Ya I feel you, but there's no way I'm putting a automatic transmission in my car... I am sure Larry will perfect the car over the winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
the only reason I ask is because you need to be realistic on what power you will actually use the car with. Dyno queen is cool, but once you go to a big boy clutch that will hold 900 ft-lb of trq reliably, plain cruising around goes to shi1. Stop and go traffic can be a nightmare. Speaking from personal experience.

It coulda been traction control or you coulda been hitting a fault action. Only when I hit a fault action with my Proefi, does the car make loud popping noises because it is set for a hard cylinder cut. Solid motor mounts will not contribute to shaking. That is very concerning as something is way outta alignment/balance.

Good luck with your choice on clutches. I told myself when my clutch goes, a gear vendor equipped TH400 is going in.

Regardless, Larry will get everything perfect over the winter!!