View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #1105
Joe Trojan

My Ride: '02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Where do you live?

Check out geoladders.com to find SoCal mtb trails. If you have a compatible gps bike computer, you can download turn by turn route directions from that site.

There are tons of sites similar to geoladders where you can find rides.

Good beginner ride in the Santa Monica Mountains is Westridge - Sullivan Canyon. Long steady fire road climb, fast and mostly easy singletrack descent. In north OC is Fullerton Loop. Combo of multi-use trails, dirt roads, a few surface streets and RR track beds to make a loop. A few semi-technical ascents and descents, but nothing too hairy and anything you didn't want to ride is short enough to walk the bike over.

LMK if I can help. Nice bike!

Thanks man. I do have some news though. That bike was stolen 2 weeks after I bought it. Scumbags I tell ya. So I didn't get to fully enjoy it.

This past weekend I got the 2013 Specialized Sport Disc 26, a step down from the 29. I like the color scheme and figured the profile would be lower. Although I have my hesitations, I did pick up a Kryptonite u-lock also.

I'm wondering if this truly is a good mtb bike since it's also listed as "recreational." i figured it'd work well for me as a mtb n00b.

Temporary Sig
oh hai, i upgraded your ride.
Joe Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote