View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #1109
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
Thanks man. I do have some news though. That bike was stolen 2 weeks after I bought it. Scumbags I tell ya. So I didn't get to fully enjoy it.

This past weekend I got the 2013 Specialized Sport Disc 26, a step down from the 29. I like the color scheme and figured the profile would be lower. Although I have my hesitations, I did pick up a Kryptonite u-lock also.

I'm wondering if this truly is a good mtb bike since it's also listed as "recreational." i figured it'd work well for me as a mtb n00b.
Total bummer about your other bike. My dumb ass left the garage open when I went to work one morning and came back to find someone alleviated me of the burden of continued ownership of my Rockadile. Scumbags indeed.

Article from Outside about bike theivery: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

I second what zhp43867 said. Go ride, enjoy your bike.

Your Hardrock has an 80 mm front fork, which is not a ton of travel. So I would recommend you avoid any bomber high speed downhill stuff or really bumpy technical stuff with it. But for any kind of "normal" riding, I'm sure it will be fine.

Ride lots. Be safe. Have fun.

- Bestop briefcase

----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote