I made some awesome Spaghetti alla Carbonara tonight. Was surprisingly quick(like 20 mins start to finish), cheap, easy, and delicious. Sadly, even though I turned off the stove, the burner stayed a bit too hot and the egg sauce started to scramble a little. Still delicious, just not as great a texture for the sauce.
-1/2 pound of pasta
-3 egg yolks
-4-5 slices of super thick bacon
-1 handful of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
-1 box frozen peas
-Salt and pepper.
1. Boil big pot of water, add enough salt until you can taste it in the water a little, add pasta.
2. Chop bacon to small bits, put in frying pan, cook until slightly crispy.
3. Cook peas in microwave.
4. eat egg yolk and mix in parmesan in a separate bowl.
5. Strain water from pasta, save half cup of starchy water for mixing in as sauce
6. Put pasta back in pot but take pot off stove and put on counter (additional heat will ruin eggs), add bacon, all the bacon grease in the pan, and the peas, stir.
7. Pour in egg yolk parmesan mix, add some salt, some cracked pepper, a little bit of chili flakes or powder if you like spicier, stir. Add the starchy water from earlier until the sauce is not too thick.