View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #285
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
let's not get conceited/arrogant shall we? I can name a few members from the top of my head (hint...MITe46).
The 323 with a 712 rack is impossible since the production date for the car and rack doesn't match. However, this doesn't mean Rich is providing inaccurate info. Maybe the 323 owner had his original rack replaced by a 712 and then turn it (712) as a core years later.
really that's all you got out of that whole post that needed to be enlarged, quoted and bumped? sorry, poor selection of words on my part. i should have said "i know some things about the 323", it was late. i meant to come off confident, Not arrogant.
but please pay attention, I already said car may have had it RETROFITTED or number mistaken when sent in (core). Retrofitted Definition: to furnish with new or modified parts or equipment not available (or considered necessary) at the time of manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Although we don't agree on maintenance topics, this is a quality post and I agree with this man. I hope you're OK with the name "Grand Kodiak."
haha, nah i don't need a nickname(not sure what Grand Kodiak even means?), though it may be fun to use it from time to time when we're getting along but don't want to lose the Alex or Alex323Ci that's been getting me in trouble for some ~8 yrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
As Rich said and as I pointed out, we don't know the history of the cars he's received racks from. So if there's any weird stuff like getting racks from cars that they don't belong on, it could be it was swapped out at some point. Cars get in fender benders with cracked racks all the time and body shops replace them with g-d knows what.
yep we need to be sure of what the racks that he gets come out of. that they are original installed parts from factory or if they have been retrofitted. when we get more confirmation we can get a better picture. think that's all everyone wants at this point.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 11-08-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote