View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
black325iBMW

My Ride: 2004 325i Sport
I had an 04' 325i. 5 spd. Sports Package. It was totaled about a month and a half ago and I'm in search of a replacement. This seems like a fantastic deal. I go to school in Baton Rouge and my parents are in Dallas. They would be the ones to drive up to check it out. My only question is (and this goes to anyone with enough e46/ZHP knowledge to answer):

DO all e46's cost as much as my last one did to maintain or did I get scammed by the dealer we got it from?

It had about 104k miles and was about a 9/10 Interior and Exterior. We ended up paying for about 10k in miscellaneous mechanical repairs in the year I owned it. That was in addition to the trim falling off the doors, the headliner peeling everywhere, and somehow the carpet getting soaked in the passenger rear floor whenever it rained...

I'm graduating from LSU this upcoming Summer and want a reliable car to last me until then and possibly a year or so after. Will I be able to maintain this car with only the love and care (plus a couple $k's in repairs) that I so uselessly gave my last e46?

If so, I'd be in for 9.5k.
black325iBMW is offline   Reply With Quote