View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Alki

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Are you sure about that? If those gaskets haven't been touched by now at this mileage and age then I would say there's a 95% they're both leaking. when you say oil in the exhaust, do you mean smoke? if so, what color is the smoke?
The vehicle has 115k miles on it and I see no oil anywhere on the engine, but I will take an even closer look this weekend. The oil is seen on the ground, right below the tailpipe. I don't see any smoke at all and the car runs fine. No idling issues or anything to make me think it wasn't. Any ideas?

Quote:
Oh and "warming up your car in the mornings" is just about one of the worst things you can do to your car. People think they're babying their car when in fact they're doing the exact opposite. it's also relatively destructive to the environment.
I was doing it mostly to get the cabin warmed up so it's not so damn cold in the morning when I sit down to drive to work, lol. I was born and raised in Florida, so these 40 degree mornings are still something I haven't gotten used to here in Tennessee.

Last edited by Alki; 11-09-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote