View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #25
commandtoad

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
there is no denying the the greatness of an M3. but the ZHP is just as great in it's own way.
the ZHP was designed to be an "M3" with 4 doors. and if you look at it close, they did a brilliant job. they managed to meld a family car with a track day car. or in the case of the coupe, a poor mans M3. there is a long list of parts, compared to a normal e-46, that have been upgraded. included are stiffer springs and lowered ride, but not harsh, making it a perfect GT car. better steering feel, making "spirted driving" a blast. and I'm sorry, I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but i like, even prefer the automatic transmission. it's sport mode is spot on, and when you have to go with the flow, flip it into drive and it becomes a normal auto, handy for when you have to reach in the back seat to beat your kids in rush hour traffic.
it also looks the part with the 135 style offset rims and the little "i think i can" spoiler on the boot. in serving this "duel purpose role" i think it looks better to, sort of a distinguished gentleman's car. something your wife feels good getting out of in her evening dress as you drop her off at the front door of a fancy restaurant. OK, so that never happens, but I'm trying to paint a picture here, and it sounded better than "taking the kids to McDonald's".....
in short, the ZHP is the most fun, practical and best non-M e-46 you can buy.
cac has the best idea, get em both
commandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote