View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #13
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent_ View Post
Those were the exact symptoms I had a couple of weeks ago. It only did that once each trip for a few days, never showing any codes. Then it cut out, the DSC and Check Engine lights came on, and it ran with hugely reduced power. Replaced the crank position sensor and it still was in limp home mode with the DSC light on and minimal power. Limped to the local shop, had them use their computer to clear all codes and adaptations that my scanner couldn't do, and it started and has run perfectly since then.
So you reckon the crank position sensor was the culprit? That was the code I had on the second event. I am having it replaced Monday along with fuel filter so I hope that is the fix. I hate these mysterious problems. I would much rather something just packed up. It does illustrate one debatable point though. There's really no such thing as preventative maintenance because the one that is on it now has only been on it for 7 months. There was nothing wrong with the one it replaced. Just thought I would replace it along with the two cam sensors.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote