View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #51
My Ride: 323i
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
I've seen the technology center and the build process before and it truly is very impressive. While I find that stuff "cool", it's not the highest on my priority list. I'm more interested in how it engages the driver than the technology behind it, which is funny since I didn't notice you mentioning "how it drove" on your list of what attracts you to it.

On another note, I know we should be trying to conserve, but to me, an exotic should be a louder than hell fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster, a car that you never dare to utter the words "miles per gallon" within earshot of it.
I am aware of the fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster definition of an exotic but for me it must be that and more... We are currently living on the XXI Century and a supercar for me must be an all in one package like a swiss knife perhaps. That is what I like of the mclaren, it has it all in one package (Performance, Style, Technology, Efficiency), Sure MPG is the least of the owners concern of said car but having a machine capable of being efficient and practical as well as fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster is what makes it a masterpiece.

On a side note, I have not drived or rided on a MP4-12c but I have done so in 2 Ferraris (F430, 458 italia) and I must say these 2 feel very very raw in comparison to what Clarkson describes the MP4-12C to be. But on the track where it really matters the mclaren runs circles around all that rawness keeping all the beneftial aspects of practicality and efficiency.
wceoscar is offline   Reply With Quote