View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #52
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wceoscar View Post
I am aware of the fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster definition of an exotic but for me it must be that and more... We are currently living on the XXI Century and a supercar for me must be an all in one package like a swiss knife perhaps. That is what I like of the mclaren, it has it all in one package (Performance, Style, Technology, Efficiency), Sure MPG is the least of the owners concern of said car but having a machine capable of being efficient and practical as well as fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster is what makes it a masterpiece.

On a side note, I have not drived or rided on a MP4-12c but I have done so in 2 Ferraris (F430, 458 italia) and I must say these 2 feel very very raw in comparison to what Clarkson describes the MP4-12C to be. But on the track where it really matters the mclaren runs circles around all that rawness keeping all the beneftial aspects of practicality and efficiency.
I was going to say I differ in my opinion of what an exotic should be, but then I realized you are right. I almost said that they should be pure performance driving machines, then I realized that is just a pure race car.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote