View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
christiandflores

My Ride: BMW M3 E46
Alternator Dying?

If you've seen similar issues please let me know. 2005 M3 E46 SMG

So my recent strange sound problem (strange grinding coming from belt drive area) got a turn for the worst. While driving back home, the red battery icon flashed a couple times and then stayed lit. A while later i notice a delay in shifting, where i have to shift twice for it change. after this the electronic assitive control lights lit up yellow ( brakes, stability, traction), air bag in red. Here i noticed an instant loss of power in the accelerator pedal, would not respond. so i immediatly turn my hazards on and turn into a shopping center.

At a stop sign the car completley turns off when i used the brakes to slow down (which i now attribute to the car not wanting disengage the clutch when it was in 1st gear, thus stalling) A couple people help me push the car to a safe spot. I try turning the car again, it works but with a slow start up. i drive around the parking lot to see if what i can come up with. Delayed shifting, delayed clutch engagment/disengagment, the same lights come on again, the speedometer and tachometer freeze in place regardless of speed. eventually i deem the car too sketchy to drive home so i call a tow service and when the car gets home everything is fine minus the red battery light.

so what do you guys think? thanks in advance
christiandflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.