View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
John Reed

My Ride: AE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringotegra View Post
John would say "Put a Motec in it"
I do have a tendency to like to do things right, the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
May have been Jason's ProEFI hype, but didn't think Motec was any better at dealing with fluctuating ethanol contents than the AEM
The MoTeC can fully do flex fuel, and to my knowledge was one of the first ECUs to do it. I was doing flex fuel on the MoTeC back when Jason was still working for AEM. ProEFI did drive the popularity of the feature though, to the point now it is a major shopping point for the average ECU consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
motec scales e85 content like the proefi. john also fully supports the vipec which is fully supported on the e46. for 1/2 the price of motec
ViPEC V88 does flex fuel very well, but no speed based traction control (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
I am pretty sure that Motec is not true ve based like proefi so it cannot do ethanol exactly like proefi.
If you mean it doesn't handle it in the software like the ProEFI then your statement is correct. They are two different ECUs and the end fueling calculations are handled differently. However if you mean the MoTeC cannot fully compensate for the changing ethanol content and adjust fuel, timing, boost, start enrichment, accel fuel and a myriad of other things then your statement is a bit misleading.