View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Funky Monkey

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325xi
Post New member from Utah

Hello fanatics! Just picked up my first BMW last tuesday. It is an 03 325xi with 128,000 on it and a 5-speed, paid 6500.00 for it. Beautiful condition cosmetically in and out. Had dealer service records until about 15,000 miles ago. Previous owner said he just did an idler pulley and did the water pump while he was there, said he did a steering rack and both front boots. I can smell a little oil on the manifold on occasion, going to start with the VCG. Very excited about this machine, I have always had hotrods: Camaro's, Mustangs, etc. I bought an 02 Audi 2.7t a few years back for my wife and fell in love with all things german. Sold the Audi and got her a Honda Pilot but I have been looking for another german car for a bit. I am not certain how BMW's flew under my radar for so long, after driving one, it was the only thing I considered I need the all-wheel drive in the climate I live in (up in the rockies) but this is so far an incredible ride. As a side note, the key FOB didn't work, BMW wanted 170.00 for a new one when I discovered the battery wasn't servicable. I took it to a local "Batteries Plus" franchise and they hooked me up. They weren't too wild about breaking the case, so I did it, but they broke the welds, and shrink wrapped a new battery, spot welded it back in and I glued the FOB back together, all for $8.52. Look forward to getting to know you all.
Funky Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.