View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #24
Zardoz33

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvBimmer3Series View Post
And the journey begins... I recently had an oil chg, front sway bar link, air filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, oil filter housing gasket, front/rear brakes & LED license plate bulbs a couple of weeks ago... Yesterday, had front control arms & ball joints... Went to another place this morning for the front end alignment & the dude says you really need a left inner tie rod replaced, I thought well CRAP. He was cool though & said He would go ahead and align it today so it wouldn't cut the tires & he'd do it again for free after I get the tie rod replaced, so paid just for today & came home & ordered a tie rod kit. I think I need to get that t-shirt on eBay that says "BMW - Broke My Wallet"!
I like the last part. At least I don't feel left out with finding new things that need to be repaired. I believe I was living in denial (hoping it would be just the vcg) about what caused the oil leak, but just like you.....the ofhg is also part of my problem.

Edit: So today I had the left-outer cv boot replaced & one wheel that was bent was swapped-out Also, a coolant line was leaking so the gasket was replaced and coolant system flushed. 2 down.....quite a bit more to go. lol

Last edited by Zardoz33; 11-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Zardoz33 is offline   Reply With Quote