View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie11 View Post
sadly, i went through a similar sale with my partner's diamond this summer... i thought prices went up when i purchased it back in 2008 but they didn't. don't mean to rain on your parade, but i sold my .85carat agsl certified ideal cut diamond with vvs1 for only $3200, and it sat at that price on craigslist for like 2 months. i just recently purchased a gia 1.1carat ideal cut diamond for $4800. diamonds are only inflated on demand, the supply is just too high to bring prices up. glws
I have bought and sold diamonds a few times now. A 1.1 carat ideal cut diamond for $4800 is a steal literally. Also AGS ideal and ideal cut is only a very small data point of the entire picture. This is a very high quality and rare to find stone. I went through a lot of inventory until I found this very one.

To the other poster, I am unable to accept trades on this unless they would help my wife get back to Japan. I'd be interested in flight vouchers, discounted shipping certificates and the like as far as trades go. Thanks for the offer. If I was retaining the ring, new wheels would be one of the things I would be interested in.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote