View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #3197
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Tampa- cool it.

And one rumor said the 5S may be released Q1 or Q2 of 2013- ahead of the typical schedule. I have a feeling Apple has something big up their sleeve for next spring- bigger than anything that's happened recently.
Scott Forestall was fired, so that's a plus and could be the source of big changes. Looking at how iOS has developed, especially the last WWDC and iOS 6, I'm surprised he lasted this long. The "Steve Jobs and I were close" card finally ran out. It's even more surprising when there's brain dead simple, yet incredibly useful features available for jail breakers staring them in the face, yet they can't seem to add them to the stock OS. The ideas are already there, just use them.

Anyways, apparently Forestall wasn't getting along with anyone (especially Ive) , and Cook basically had to babysit at every meeting that the two of them were at together, which was few since they avoided each other. They refused to work together at all. I'd bet money this is part of the reason why iOS has stagnated so much, and now that Ive is in control of software, things will start improving more rapidly than they have since '07. It's about time too, as Google is firing on all cylinders right now with 4.1 and 4.2, and Windows Phone 8 is now hitting the market in full force.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote