Thread: bigger calipers
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
lucky_doggg7

My Ride: 2005 M3
OP - Keep an eye open on the "Classified" / "For Sale" section. There are Fellahs selling brake kits all the time on this Forum and on M3Forum.net. Like anything related to the M3, nothing is going to be inexpensive, and this is what I want to give you a heads up on.

Here is a summary of what it cost me recently to service my BBK... The least expensive 380 x 25 Brembo rotor I could find was at Tire Rack for $400 dollars for ONE cross drilled rotor. You need two so you can do the math. I also wanted a slightly more aggressive pad for the Brembo 6 piston caliper, cough up $420 at Porterfield for a set of R4-S pads. It is recommended to change out the "pins" that hold the rotor onto the aluminum hat, cough up another $140 bux! Add two bottles of Motul 600 for $50 more dollars. Yeesh.

So when it comes time to replace/refurbish your BBK, you have been properly forewarned, your wallet will be lightened quite a bit. Take a few minutes to consider your buying and maintenance costs, and compare that with the money you have set aside, and if everything looks good and spending this kind of dough won't cause you to go on a diet of top ramen noodles for 2 months, then do it, but if it does not fit into your budget, consider another way forward. I will admit there are better ways to use this kind of money - savings, investing, helping your church/tithing, pay down bills, you name it, there's an endless list of tasks which that money can take care of. Choose wisely.
lucky_doggg7 is offline   Reply With Quote