View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #3250
nike001

My Ride: Fergo
I used opti-seal on my car and my mothers brand new F30 328 and it lasted 2 weeks max each after 3-4 rainy days throughout that period on both of our cars. Her's had 1 coat and mine had 2 coats of Chemical Guys XXX paste wax on after the opti-seal. Am I doing something wrong? I've been using the XXX wax before, but I never experienced deterioration like this. Top panels did fine, but it's the lower panels that get dirt and road debris that experienced the most deterioration.

I've been moderately detailing for a while now, so I know my ways about sealant and waxes but I feel like I didn't do anything wrong. Especially because I followed advised cure times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Have you tried out the Lake Country Hybrid wool? I have just picked it up to pair with my Flex 3401 and this is the first time using Wool. What is the appropriate way to prime it and clean it? Using M105. Also, with regards to pressure, should I apply less or more with wool as opposed to foam? Do I need to slow down the speed similarly to MF?
Are you wet-sanding? I wouldn't use wool for anything other than wet-sanding or on extremely faded paint.

After much work with M105/M205, I've found Menzerna polishes to work the best. particularly matched with a green pad (recently replaced w/ pink)

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote