I do it different... but I've never opened my bently yet
I find the key with suspension is to leave everything loose until final installation is complete.
With Powerflex you can install the control arm in the bushing with the lollipop mounted to the car... so..here's what I did.
- Mount lollipop (powerflex black and purple pieces installed)
- loosely attach inner ball joint onto suspension arm
- slide suspension arm stub shaft into lollipop (I greased this connection as well)
- loosely attach inner ball joint to frame
- attach outer ball joint to strut (just enough clearance if inner ball joint is left loose)
- Tighten everything down.
I found that way I wasn't wrestling everything so much and the area was more open, which helps during the confined space entry for installing the lollipop (especially passenger side)
more than 1 way to skin a cat though
doing it your way sounds very difficult to me... as the powerflex bushings dont like to be penetrated and will try to pop the stub part out of the bushing in addition to the mass of trying to get everything else to fit.
Last edited by bikesandcars; 11-13-2012 at 08:29 AM.