View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #466
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Nobody ever explained anything to me...
It's an alignment, what do you need to know other than the numbers in the report?
Or are you saying they didn't give you a report?

Edit: just saw your other post.
Your mistake was to take it to an old shop.
The standards for alignments nowadays have raised so high that a written report isn't acceptable.
If they're not using lasers and computers, don't do it.
I know. I need to bring my car to the dealership but most dealerships I know are not friendlywith aftermarket suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
199/197 is very respectable for an auto

Thanks. I need Iceman to chime in. He is the resident Dyno subject matter experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Yeah that is actually pretty good for an auto.. You did well. i'll have to make this woman a uniform. hope you have big biceps cause you're earning lots of patches!!

In for video of you driving around with limoncello meowing in the passenger seat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Not wrong
2nd definition

2 (insure someone against) secure or protect someone against (a possible contingency): such changes could insure against further violence and unrest.
Quote:
I see it all the time.

Wear your seatbelt to ensure your safety.

Assure is something you do to a person, a group of people, or an animal to remove doubt or anxiety, as in Squiggly assured Aardvark that he'd come to the party early. You can remember that assure can only be used with things that are alive (and both assure and alive start with a). Only things that are alive can feel doubt or anxiety, so only they can be assured.

Ensure is something you do to guarantee an event or condition, as in To ensure there'd be enough food, Aardvark ordered twice as much food as last year. You can remember that guarantee has those two e's on the end to help you remember that to ensure (with an e) is to guarantee something.

Insure can be done to a person, place, or thing, but it's reserved for limiting financial liability, most commonly by obtaining an insurance policy, as in Aardvark wondered if the caterers were insured against loss. You can remember that we take out insurance to protect our income if we become unemployed, disabled, or injured in an accident. Both insure and income begin with -in.

Quote:
You lost. give it up. I correct people all the time on insure/assure/ensure. your usage is plain wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Nobody ever explained anything to me...
It's an alignment, what do you need to know other than the numbers in the report?
Or are you saying they didn't give you a report?

Edit: just saw your other post.
Your mistake was to take it to an old shop.
The standards for alignments nowadays have raised so high that a written report isn't acceptable.
If they're not using lasers and computers, don't do it.
Quote:
199/197 is very respectable for an auto

Quote:
Yeah that is actually pretty good for an auto.. You did well. i'll have to make this woman a uniform. hope you have big biceps cause you're earning lots of patches!!

In for video of you driving around with limoncello meowing in the passenger seat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Not wrong
2nd definition

2 (insure someone against) secure or protect someone against (a possible contingency): such changes could insure against further violence and unrest.
Quote:
I see it all the time.

Wear your seatbelt to ensure your safety.

Assure is something you do to a person, a group of people, or an animal to remove doubt or anxiety, as in Squiggly assured Aardvark that he'd come to the party early. You can remember that assure can only be used with things that are alive (and both assure and alive start with a). Only things that are alive can feel doubt or anxiety, so only they can be assured.

Ensure is something you do to guarantee an event or condition, as in To ensure there'd be enough food, Aardvark ordered twice as much food as last year. You can remember that guarantee has those two e's on the end to help you remember that to ensure (with an e) is to guarantee something.

Insure can be done to a person, place, or thing, but it's reserved for limiting financial liability, most commonly by obtaining an insurance policy, as in Aardvark wondered if the caterers were insured against loss. You can remember that we take out insurance to protect our income if we become unemployed, disabled, or injured in an accident. Both insure and income begin with -in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
Mango, shut your cock-holster and just PM him about it if it impacts you so much! If you're such a stickler for grammar, then you should have mentioned that chamber is not the same as camber to Flash.

You're not that big of a deal, get over it.

Moving on. Betty, I ordered some vacuum hoses from the dealer ($61.80 worth) to finish the vacuum line conversion. The suction jet pump will be relocated to the engine bay instead of over top the brake booster. This will eliminate the duct tape mod I did to connect the F-connector to the vacuum lines.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Quote:
This is what I've always thought (and that's how I use those words)... but apparently all 3 are synonyms

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/ensure

LMAO this is why I love e46fanatics. E46fanatics is where people can go off on a tangent from another wild tangent
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote