View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #662
E46@46

My Ride: 2003 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoetz628 View Post
Reading your posts for the first time, Mango. Great stuff, great information. Thanks! I've had my '02 330 CiC for a little over ten years now and have decided it's time to do a little maintenance, meanwhile things are getting old and breaking and I don't want (also can't afford) a new one. Picked mine up in Munich and still have the German plate in the front.

Anyway, I just have a few questions for you. Sorry if they sound kind of amateurish but hey, I'm an amateur! Plan on doing as much of the maintenance myself, as possible, and want to get it right. The first time.

*Do you always recommend changing the radiator? Mine shows no signs of staining or weeping. In fact, with just a little effort over the years, my engine compartment looks almost brand new. Amazing.

*What part did you get from Amazon and why?

*Assuming bleeding the system comes at the end, after installing all these parts, do you then refill the radiator, then put the car up on ramps, then bleed? If so, is it okay to run the engine long enough to get it up on ramps? And then should it be cold again before bleeding?

Thanks for all the information you provide on this site,

Steve
My car had 157k miles on the clock and gave no "signs" of needed a new radiator. The temp gauge always stayed in the middle. I found the hidden OBC menu that shows the actual temp (in F) and discovered I was running higher than should be, but not enough to overheat. So I replaced as a PM as Mango and suggest. I could not believe what a difference it made running back at "normal" temp made. You can tell the engine is working better, more power than before especially at freeway speeds. You didn't say how many miles but I would replace along with the other parts recommended in this guide.
p.s. my radiator was not leaking but was caked in dirt. I can only image the internals.
E46@46 is offline   Reply With Quote