Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #115
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
Do you mean snooty?

How does spending parent's money send the nation into debt?
Yes, I meant snooty. My bad.

Are you under the impression that parent's money is infinite? Perhaps they don't have any costs of their own after their chidlren go off to school?

Let's put this simply : Jenny's parents have 100,000 in the bank. They spend 50k a year sending Jenny to school. After year two, they take out private loans to pay Jenny's junior and senior tuition costs. Jenny graduates and her parents take her to a steak dinner which they put on their amex card. They now have 100,400 (after all, they wanted that 120 dollar bottle of Cakebread) in debt and an income path that likely will decrease in the years ahead. They also have to cover their costs once they're of age where they can no longer work. Add in their healthcare costs and you've got a serious problem. I suppose you can claim that they will just take that debt to the grave, but that's not reallllly how this works.

So let me ask you... how does ANYONE spending more than they can afford on education NOT send the nation into debt?

I guess you could also claim "debt forgiveness programs" like that proposed by the Obama administration (where if you can't afford the loans you signed on for, we'll forgive them and you're good to go) is the solution. But we also know that is just ridiculous as it adds to our nation's deficit (thus devaluing our currency) and will not solve the real issue (which is supply/demand 101).

The simple truth is that MOST don't need to go to college. Unless you're working in some capacity in the professional world, go to trade school (look at the success of the European education model.. in particular, Germany).

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 11-14-2012 at 10:56 AM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote