View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #52
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
I never said I believed everything this man is talking about. I always keep my mind open to all possibilities and I let personal experience decide what I am going to believe in, not some textbook or scientist or colorful glowing tube in the living room.

I find it quite amusing how badly some people like to attack ideas outside the norm. Gotta keep the mind in that cozy box you built yourself...
That is exactly what scientists do. They think outside of the box about an idea, test their theory, and when they think they may have found something, they don't personally advocate for it until it has been studied by many other scientists. You're just not smart enough to have an exact theory to test. You just follow the sheep of trying to be different, that in turn makes you a sheep. You make yourself believe you're different by believing in things no one else believes in, and proclaim yourself as smarter than everyone else because YOU believe it. When in actuality you weren't smart enough to believe what is true, and distinguish what isn't.

You attack ideas in the norm, because you're afraid to accept things that are true, because the truth can often be worse for you than believing something that isn't.