View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
trippinbillies4

My Ride: '02 Mini, '13 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
As I previously stated, I interface with my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod and MacBook Pro) on a daily basis. I am more than happy to pay what Apple charges for these devices. In fact, I like them so much, I can safely say I would be just as happy paying double. The devices are just that good. I would never consider investing in a device I use daily to be foolish.

The hardware debate is also another tired argument in regards to Mac vs. PC discussion. Does Apple charge more for the same hardware as it's PC counterparts? Yes, but think about what you're getting. The anodized aluminum unibody design is just the start. There are numerous physical and intangible aspects of owning a Mac that justify the premium in price. Not to mention, it is all tied together with the most intuitive and advanced OS available. Lastly, it interfaces with the rest of the Apple ecosystem seamlessly. The point I am trying to make here is that you cannot quantify the value of an Apple computer by it's dollar value or asking price. MacBooks, just like all other Apple products are better judged on the sum of all these parts working together to form the device.
That's what I'm asking. What are the other things besides the aluminum body that I would enjoy? I am a droid guy, so I could care less about it interfacing with my other devices.

'02 Mini Cooper #40HS, '13 Scion FR-S #40CS, '12 Ducati SF848
trippinbillies4 is offline   Reply With Quote