View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #34
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies4 View Post
That's what I'm asking. What are the other things besides the aluminum body that I would enjoy? I am a droid guy, so I could care less about it interfacing with my other devices.
In addition to the aluminum unibody design which makes for an incredibly rigid and durable computer, I think you would enjoy many of the other features

1. Battery - Rated for over 1,000 cycles, the batteries found in MacBooks are truly a thing of wonder to me. My current battery is close to 400 cycles and still retains over 90% of it's original charge life.

2. The all glass, multi-touch trackpad and backlit keyboard. No other manufacturer can compare with the user interface found on the MacBook pro. When I upgraded to OS 10.7 lion in 2011, Apple introduced a whole new way to interact with your computer using the touchpad and multi-touch gestures. I have never found it so easy to launch programs, switch between programs, bring up widgets, scroll and zoom using my fingertips. I love this aspect of my MacBook.

3. I/O/ MacBooks feature top quality iSight cameras, microphones and speakers. It's a pleasure to listen to Music on my MacBook.

4. The Retina display. If you spring for one, seeing truly is believing. This is the way displays are headed, Apple set the new standard.

5. Support. I consider AppleCare a must on every Apple product I own. I've used it a handful of times with my MacBook pro to solve issues and it is hands down the easiest and least frustrating computer support experience ever. I schedule an appointment, take it into the store and I am met with experienced and courteous individuals who work hard to solve my problem. It's awesome to have that.

6. Overall fit and finish. Nothing even comes close to the way Apple products feel in your hands. You can tell a lot of time and personal attention was used n the development of these products. They really thought of you, the end user when manufacturing the devices.

I'm sure I could think of more, but that's enough for now.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote