View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #140
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
By that size office politics become unbearable. Useless ppl get promoted, groups fight for power, cronyism etc. Engineering have less impact, mainly sales at that point.

At a startup we're fighting together like hell to survive. It's a strong bond and our code either win us a critical million dollar deal or put the company in danger of going under. Quite an exciting gamble and it's good that there's a core group of 7 of us that have consistently succeeded in the past. The payoff is quite nice when we do make it.
When you say 800, do you mean 800 company-wide or 800 within a certain division or department?

My division has about 300-400 associates working in it. 14 of that 400 are engineers. Between product development engineers, R&D engineers, and the process engineers we are all very tight and rely on each other heavily to get our projects to commercialization and provide support to our customers. It's nice to have that niche group within an organization where you feel at home and know your closest colleagues personally. Plus I work for a private corporation so that's a big plus for me as an individual.

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote