View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #102
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Took a week off the gym, and rested a lot ... didn't eat the greatest but I haven't noticed any fat gain.

I've decided I am going to cut to around 11-12%... a range I figure where I will have lost majority of fat around my upper abs, and not have a little fat "pouch" anymore on stomach. I'm hoping this takes me 10 weeks or less.

I'm very aware of the fact I need to bulk, but I have this constant mental hinderance that I am getting fat, and I need to have a "setpoint" where I can tell when the fat starts adding up to too much. I'm in this for the longhaul, so I feel a 10-12 week cut won't set me back much. See how it goes, I'm going to be tracking calories and sticking to the intermittent fasting regime. Doing reverse pyramid training (squats/deads/bench) and bodyweight exercises 3x a week.

In other news, my bench plateau seems to be gone after a week long rest... I did 4 warmup sets yesterday, and then got 8 solid reps of 160 lbs... Most I could do before was struggling to get 5. New PR 1rm for 200 lbs.

Taking pics every two weeks btw, I'll collage them together. Interested to see what happens
Congrats on breaking that plateau man!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote