View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #3252
Johal E32

My Ride: E46 323iT/5, M5 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
I used opti-seal on my car and my mothers brand new F30 328 and it lasted 2 weeks max each after 3-4 rainy days throughout that period on both of our cars. Her's had 1 coat and mine had 2 coats of Chemical Guys XXX paste wax on after the opti-seal. Am I doing something wrong? I've been using the XXX wax before, but I never experienced deterioration like this. Top panels did fine, but it's the lower panels that get dirt and road debris that experienced the most deterioration.

I've been moderately detailing for a while now, so I know my ways about sealant and waxes but I feel like I didn't do anything wrong. Especially because I followed advised cure times.

http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html?...m_campaign=CSE

I am no pro-detailer, but I do detailing on the side/hobby for other people. I find the Wolfgang sealent is probably my favorite. It has a sick shine, and depth, and it should last a good 4-6 months depending on how the car is treated, garaged, washed regularly, rain etc..

I have never used the opti-seal but I have only read good things on it, it sucks that it didn't last long for you..