View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninc4709 View Post
I feel like the ability to drive a manual is what creates a good driver. If i was in my '91 325is and someone pulled up next to me in a new M5 with an automatic transmission I would honestly look down upon them and find them arrogant and using money to help them feel fast. Granted I'm sure anyone buying an M5 knows how to drive a car but I feel if you get rid of manual transmissions altogether you get rid of the thrill factor of knowing you nailed that shift. having a manual in a race car may actually make the racing much more competitive as it adds that one more skill to set the field apart.

My 2 cents, however I know I wont ever purchase an "enthusiasts" car or "the ultimate driving machine" without a manual transmission. takes out the thrill factor and disconnects you from the car.

That's a pretty disgusting thing to say without even knowing the person. The M5 driver with an auto that didn't say anything has much more of my respect than a judging and jealous pauper driving a busted up E30.

Last edited by mkodama; 11-16-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: had to add that the E30 was "busted up"
mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote