View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #673
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Yeah, I get it now. Those rubber hoses are attached to the plastic pipes under the intake manifold. Nasty place to work on them. I believer the connectors here are the squeeze type that must be depressed all the way to remove. In BMW's infinite wisdom they have made them very easy to assemble but hard to remove without breaking things. The two squeeze tabs must be pushed in all the way before they release. And even then the hoses pull off hard after they age.
The big danger is you'll break the plastic pipe which will then necessitate removal of the intake manifold. That removal job has been described as one of the most hated tasks even by experienced e46 DIY'ers.

If indeed these are the squeeze tab types, best to try to get small needle nose pliers in there to break off the squeeze tab ring around the perimeter so they will not be holding the hose onto the plastic. You're not going to reuse the rubber hoses anyway. Then you'll be free to just wrestle off the hose. Your main goal is to preserve the plastic hose if at all possible.

Last edited by Stinger9; 11-17-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote