View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbarnes View Post
The Koni sport shocks with the h&r springs.....how did you like them and how did it look? I wanna good lookin low stance. Also please get into the sway bars if you dont mind!
check out my "for sale" link in my sig. it shows some pictures of my car. that's how it looks with that setup.
it's an alright setup. for a daily driver i think it's the best shock/spring combo.
on my e30 i have ground control coil overs and that thing literally rides on rails. but i swear on every bump i feel my bones shatter. i know you like a stiff ride, and so do i. but my e30 is SERIOUSLY stiff and is too stiff for a daily driver IMO.
sway bars reduce body roll without affecting stiffness or ride quality.
certain combinations of sizes and settings will control your cars tendency to oversteer or understeer. it's really not something to play with until you've driven your car hard enough to understand it's on edge capability. you're not able to really understand this on the street.
if you want to upgrade them for street driving get some and set them to recommended spec. if you want them for more high performance driving (track days or autocross) then do more research and figure out what you need.
unless you've done some track time i seriously doubt you know what the car is like on the edge.