View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
miweber929

My Ride: 02 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow 2 View Post
Had same issue, got front wheels rebalanced, vibration gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xittt View Post
If you only did the left side, CAB, inner ball joint and control arm and CV axle, then its probably time to do the other side. Also check out your tie rod ends. +1 on re-balance wheels. Check/replace fluid in the front diff. Make sure wheel(s) are not bent or out of round. There should not be a lot of noise and no vibration. Some tires are loud and get louder over time, especially if they have worn funny due to front end alignment issues.
Thanks for the quick responses.

Additional info, the tires are literally brand new (put them on the day after I bought the car) and wheels are non-stock style 96 units that were on my old 318. POTENTIALLY this could be the issue, they were installed and balanced by the Tires Plus that did my alignment. They've been ok, but the biggest reason I've used them is they are right by the house and open weekend. I may have them rebalanced by the indy shop when I get the other stuff finished. The stock wheels and tires did this as well, one reason I'm thinking this may not be it.

That local BMW/VW/Audi indy shop also checked the right side over and said PO looks like they replaced the right side CV axle at some point and it, the ball joints, bushings and the control arm all checked out good. I sort of gave them an open checkbook; if they were suspect I'm sure they would have said something but I leaned that way too. May need a re-check, great.....

Ok, so it should be dead quiet and smooth, sounds like I have more issues.

Last edited by miweber929; 11-18-2012 at 09:23 AM.
miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote