View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #678
Juliopinto03

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
I don't have a photo memory of my car, but now that you mention it, the ET is pretty close to your PS pulley.
And it is possible that a rad can be installed incorrectly as it must slide into clips as it is lowered into place. If left out of these clips on this side, it could be possible to be mounted too far rearward.

Without reviewing your history, if you're close to doing a cooling system refresh, I'd sure be wanting to make sure that rad in mounted exactly as it should be.
It was! The radiator was not placed correctly and it seemed as if it was off track. I adjusted everything and now it sits correctly and the ET has approximately one inch place from the PS pulley.

I think im going to have to replace the upper hose as well since I was about to bleed the system and I have a minor leak there near the fan clucth. Its only upon pressure so Im assuming theres a gasket or o ring there and maybe it feel off. Going to wait for the vehicle to cool down and check it out or replace it but at least its not anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	37
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	478599  
Juliopinto03 is offline   Reply With Quote