That is the wrong procedure.
Here is the correct one.
- Sit in the car with all the doors shut and windows up with your key fobs (all your fobs need to be done at the same time)
- With one of your keys turn the ignition on then off and remove the key
- Press and hold the unlock botton and then press the lock button 3 times.
- Release all buttons and the locks will bounce up and down.
- Repeat this with the other key/keys (press and hold unlock and press lock 3 times, locks will bounce)
Note: Only switch your ignition on once, doing so again while programming will reset the process and you will have to start again.