Battery is a lot cheaper than a new key or a GM5 issue. I'll try it out tomorrow. Do you know off hand which one it uses? If not I can look it up.
Originally Posted by HaloArchive
Yes, it takes considerably more energy to transmit a signal than to make an LED light up. Keep in mind that the battery in the remote is nearing 10 years old or more. The Nickel Cadmium battery's lifespan is right near around that.
I just remembered that my other key didn't work either, I hadn't tried to program that, but that is still at my mechanic. The key I'm using now hadn't been used in a year, but has been used the past week.
Last edited by slo323ci; 11-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.