View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #82
golf_234

My Ride: 07 C230 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
lol, that too. A 3 yr old car vs. a 10 yr old car (when I sold it).
I am sure you already know this @evolved but i know we had talked over pm about you picking up a 1. just wanted to mention, honestly this car has been just amazing for me,. under warranty have had Sooo much minor stuff done free. had literally all four rotors pads and wear sensors replaced becasue they *squeaked* i kid you not. oil changes, a/c service, minor wear and tear, replaced steering wheel trim, hpfp recall (new part number, no actual problem) everything. turbos are covered until 80k and hpfp until 120k (no problems from either) ... i really need to get my SA like a gift card or something. on top of zero on maintenance it the icing on the cake is that I took a loan out on the car (owe 20k) at 2.9%... i literally could go in and pay it off tomorrow but i am making like 10-15% in the market in mutual funds and stocks and used the 20k for a down payment for a house that i rent out instead. Literally making money off the car lol. indirectly. It is almost like funny. Just all about the numbers. i was just laughing at this because i remember when i posted that i first bought it somebody freaked out saying OMGG you have a loan, smart move at such a young age it's like.. uhh. you dont know anything about the situation. lol. I guess statistically usually that isnt the case though but. With a 750+ credit score, you should ALWAYS finance your cars, unless you are a really bad investor or have like poor bookkeeping or discipline issues. Tying up 20-30k liquid is utterly foolish when you can borrow at 2.9%.

2008 135i | Year 1 of the 1 | AW/Black Boston Leather | N54 | JB4 | Map 5 | 19" Matte Black CSLs | Comfort Access
Adaptive Xenons | Premium/Sport | Cold Weather | Brembos | Clear Bra | Auto Dim | Rain Sensor | 350 WHP

Last edited by golf_234; 11-19-2012 at 04:08 PM.
golf_234 is offline   Reply With Quote