View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiGLiTZ View Post
idk something about a plastic impellar spinning all the time just doesnt sit well with me. In addition to the research ive done on the e46 cooling system being the most problematic engine asset, they also come up inconsistent where many can self destruct at 80-90k and some go and additional 50k so i suggest the stewart pump simply for the idea of taking a rather expensive and irreversible variable out of the equation. Because once these cooling systems **** the bed so does your car.
i can see the value of taking something out of an equation that you find very troublesome. makes sense.
cooling system has no instant damage to the engine or car if a component fails.
Quote:
Read much bro...never said composite was plastic, meanwhile in reality if you put on your spectacles and refer to the picture i posted the impellar is plastic....der, just like many e46s which have never had this done or have had the dealer do it....der
So as far as being worth it i guess its more of a personal preference if a stock oem water pump can handle 80-130k the stewart can most likely double that and then some.....Just saying if you are that cheap where that critical of a component is where you are going to skimp and cut corners maybe you shouldnt drive a bmw or anything german for that matter
i think TerraPhantm was pointing out the "composite" impellars used in the bmw water pumps now are a material that is not to be confused with plastic although somewhat similar.
i doubt he is cheap since our M3 water pumps are hundreds more than a non-M and much better designed.
Quote:
Did all the labor myself when I did my coolant overhaul and prior to, and many across this forum and bimmerfest recommend it esp if you plan on using the uuc under pulley kit to free up some more horses.
why especially if you're using undrive pulleys, is this for the theory that it won't pump as much? flow is not an issue with the E46 cooling system. i have never heard of one person posting that their cooling system performed less than needed when using an underdrive pulley kit.