View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avincent52 View Post
What's this "no winters" thing? You might want to put some snow tires on it and wash it after the roads are salted--like twice a winter. But I see no reason not to daily drive an M3 year round. It's not a Lamborghini Countach or something.
she paid more than most for this ZCP because of the prestine condition and low miles. if that was a factor i was suggesting that perhaps not driving it in winter as a daily would be an investment. but perhaps i have a poor idea of what winter is in Massachusetts. i don't deny that.
i know some states now use magnesium chloride, a type of "salt brine" for the roads. this fills more areas of the underside and crevices of a car and will promote rust where rock salt doesn't get to. unlike rock salt which doesn't splash around, but lays on the ground mostly.
it's her car she can do whatever she likes. just posting a suggestion to retain her investment more towards the reasons she bought it. but i see many of you in that area seem against it. so maybe it was a bad suggestion..