View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernut3 View Post
@Jbehr99.....two basic opinions on the 'black out' from this group. To paint or to use the tape. I plan to use the vinyl tape from Shadowline Since my E46 has the ZHP package, all the trim is the glossy black, so that's what I ordered. You can go to the link & see both types. I'm sure there will be some that post to paint, but I had bad experience in the past doing this & the shop that painted the top said to quote "you can't paint chrome without it coming off in the future". I'll let the others argue/disagree with them. I'll let you know how it turns out for me.
Yes, that was exactly what I was looking at too (shadowlinetrim.com), as I said I have the ZHP package as well and the chrome trim is really bothering me haha! I even have the gloss black performance grills from BMW so the chrome on the hardtop is the only chrome on the whole car. What width of the gloss black wrap are you ordering? And once you finish up the project, please let me know how it went, pictures of the car would be great too, I also love the color of your car, it looks so clean!