View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpec27 View Post
If you look closely, you'll see that I did not write the comment about the CL laptop, another forum member did. My price is firm at $500, this is an excellent computer that has been meticulously taken care of and will last many years to come.
My office has 10 out so Dell's from 2003. Everything lasts years if you take care of it. With that said...those laptops are worth next to nothing...and yours is worth between 300-400. That's reality. You also said it needs a battery. Like you said, simple fix, but not a cheap one. The guys at the Apple store told you that you could get $1000 for it so that they could sell you a new $2000 one with you thinking you're only spending an extra 1k.

As someone who has 0 interest in your laptop and works in the IT field and spent a few years in sales, that is your unbiased reality. If selling it for 300-400 doesn't sound good to you...keep it and use it as a media server, haha. I have the same issue...However...I now have too many "servers" ;-)