View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
GT172I

My Ride: 2004 330Ci, 335is
Non-HP street pads? (will have dedicated track pads)

So I know there's a ton of helpful threads on track pads and even good recommendations for decent compromise pads, but I can't find much on what you guys are running on the street when you're not sporting the track pads.

I cooked the last of my Porterfield R4S rears on my last track day. I liked them but definitely noticed the compromise, not as good on the street as my OEM pads on the other 330 and I was reaching their limits on the track. That said I am looking for a replacement street pad since I'll also be buying dedicated track pads in the near future for next year's track season. (I'm likely buying ATE blanks and either PFC 06 or Cobalt Friction XR2)

Since these will be street only pads I don't need the higher temp tolerance of the combo/compromise pads. Basically I'm looking for high initial (cold) bite and preferably low dust but not necessary since I know those two are generally contradictory. I'm hoping this is easier to find since it doesn't need to be the high performance across everything only on the street low temp aspect.

I know there are always compromises when picking a pad since you can't have it all so my priority ranking is:
1. Initial cold bite
2. Low/no noise/squeal
3. Low dust
4. Low wear (on rotor)
5. Track/high-heat performance

From that list it looks like an OEM equivalent with less dust would suit my needs. If you guys have any experience/recommendations to offer it would be much appreciated!
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.