Thread: No reverse
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
My Ride: 323I
No reverse

Hi Guys,

Last night I have experience a no reverse issue with the car when I pulled up to the gas station and put my car on reverse it feels like it is in neutral. I have a 1999 323i sedan and i think for that car the production date is 1998-11 and it has 124000 miles on in. I did some work on the car since I bought it like oil change, filters, flush the steering, brakes and rotors but not the transmission. I thought that transmission fluid is life time so I never think that I have to do any maintenance on that.

When I am checking out all the forums regarding the issue what I've found out is it can be the issue with the D-drum or the reverse drum or some say it could be the TCC/PWM solenoid but I am not sure which one. which for that year the tranny is always the issue any ideas? What the issue is? I am afraid that I might change the tranny if that will be the case and the tranny could cost me a ton of money, I did invested some money and time on that car and I really like it but right now kinda having a second thought that i might cost me more to keep it, I am just hoping it could be a simple transmission flush or just the TCC selonoid. Ia m sure how to trouble shoot this kind of issues

Thanks in advance.
apmanzojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE membership to remove this ad.