View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Talking Did a bunch of stuff to the ride, still a ways to go

So In the last 3-4 weeks I've had a new found hope for my car. I'm a very "gadgety" type of guy and I realized I need to make my car my new hobby for the long haul if I ever want her back to turning heads. Obviously the mechanics come first because she is my daily driver but after that it's gonna be balls to the wall looks, exterior first and then interior. I figure it this way, why buy a new car and have a payment every month when I can spend a few grand and keep her tip top and looking awesome.

All replaced:
Rear shocks -(WOW)
pass side coil spring (holy sh$t, what a difference)
front and rear brake pads
Driver side front wheel bearing/hub (no more grinding noise)
water pump (no more overheating)
radiator (no more leaking coolant)
t-stat (heat works great now)
tensioner pulley (quieter idle)
much needed oil change (20k I think...)
a rear tire that was bald
brake pad wear sensor light off (annoying light that bothered me for a few years)
fixed my obc stalk (after 7 years all I had to do was solder two small wires)
outside temp sensor (no more -40!)

Still need control arms. I found this kit: http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...e-e46-e46cakit probably gonna grab it when I get paid next thursday.

After that, I think the front bumper support will be next (it's a little bent so the headlight moulding won't fit under it)

The big one is gonna be the tranny. I found one for $500 and a friend is gonna install it or a few hundo (I miss second gear dearly and my mpg is suffering terribly)

I figure a new clutch and short throw shifter while it's out too right?

Ok, I'm done now, just so damn proud I had to let it out!

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!

Last edited by willsbma; 12-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.