View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
If it's pouring out as fast as you pour it in, I'd guess that the hose coming out the middle of the rear-facing side of the tank came loose. If the bottom fitting was compromised it would have been much easier to pop out.

Not that it matters much - when you pop in the new ET you'll find out very quickly whether it was the ET or something else
Thanks for the input guys! I have a new ET from bavauto arriving this week. I was pondering the idea of trying to repair my mounting bracket with the blue bleeder screw that the ET plugs into at the bottom myself, since that alone is like 60 bucks out there. But I'll probably play it safe and just buy that new unit as well.

To be clearer: The low coolant light came on, car was perfectly fine for about an hour. Then, all of the sudden cars empty and overheated. On the side of the road, water emptied out from directly beneath the expansion tank at the same rate I was pouring it in. But when I took out the ET, everything seemed to be intact. So I guess my next move is just to replace the ET and that bleeder valve I was stupid enough to break and put it all back together as secure as possible and see what happens.